Hello

My name is Aran Ibbotson.  I am 13 years old and am sending this using my dad's
computer.  He is also on this list.
I have played cornet for about 3 years.  I play third cornet with Tadley Concert
Brass senior band and first cornet with the training band.   My dad plays second
cornet but at last weeks band practice a lot were on holiday and I got asked to
play first cornet.
Up to the start of the school holidays I was at Crosfields School Reading.
I sang in the school choir and was leader of the choir.  We have twice reached
the finals of Music for Youth at the Royal Festival Hall.  Last time we got a
highly commended award and were invited to the schools prom at the Royal Albert
Hall.  I sang a solo.
I also sang a solo when we were on TV last November from the Natural History
Museum on BBC's Children In Need.
I have just done a band course at Shrewsbury for players at prep schools all
over the country.  I was one of two principals out of 25 trumpets and cornets.
Next term I go to Felsted School at Dunmow in Essex. I got a music scholarship.
I am hoping to play in the internet band in October.  It is the same weekend
that I have a home weekend from school so I should make it.
Thats all for now.
You can reach me at my dad's e-mail address TPAT01@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Felsted is on the internet and when I start in September I hope to get my own
address for the list.
Bye for now.
Aran