For Leslie McCormack

Dear Leslie,

Thanks for your message, and also please thank your fellow members of Black
Dyke.
Yes, we were planning on coming to England. In fact, bags were pact, we
planned on leaving the 16th of July, would visit Jonathon Webster. He's a
good friend of ours since the European of 95 (Luxembourg) and he's been here
last year to do workshops with our band (Brassband Schoonhoven) in which I'm
rep. and Eric was solo euphonium player. Nigel Fielding, Mark Wilkinson and
Glyn Williams came with Jonathon and we had a great time with them. Glyn
also came over in June to record "The Better World" with us for our first
CD. Eric was in Germany this session, with the Fanfare Band of the Royal
Landforces, so Glyn also took his part in the band. Which was a relieve to
Eric to know someone very capable took over! On the 26th of October we will
have the CD-presentation concert and I do hope Glyn and Jonathon will be
able to come over. Andrew Fawbert and Ian Porthouse will be there anyway,
they are featured on the CD as well.
In September I will be coming over for the Open, which is another trip we
planned some month ago already. And ofcourse in October the Nationals and
the cyberband. Hope I will meet you then, either in Manchester (I will be
staying with Jonathon then) or in London (where I am invited to stay with
Angela Tregaskes). Guess you know this name as well, in connection with the
cyber project. She's a member of the Crystal Palace Band and they visited
Rotterdam last year. This year they'll come again (two weeks from now) and I
organised some concerts for them so I will be traveling around with them the
weekend. It's a small world, isn't it?

Anyway, looking forward to the Open and meeting some people of the list there!

Take care, and thanks again,

Yours,

Ineke van Kapel
Kruisherenstraat 36