Brass Band History, anywhere.

Hi all!  I was reading some old messages I posted here and found all of
you to be very helpful and responsive to my problem.  Now I have more of a
request than a problem.  I am thinking of writing  a paper (as in lengthy
paper, dissertation quality) on the evolution of brass bands.   Hopefully
i can begin with their founding roots in England and their progressive
appearances in the rest of the world.  What I was wondering was if anyone
knows in particular of any great sources to consider.  I appreciate all
the help you've given me!!!!
    Thanks so much,

Lisa Kaye Muth
409 Miller Hall