Conical?

Confession is good for the soul!  I've been telling audience for 20
years that our (SMALL BORE) tenor trombones are the only non-conical
instruments in the band and that's how they keep there cutting edge.
But honestly now, as I look at the Trombone's taper, what is, where is
the difference between that and my Eb Tenor horn?  In short, are we
still correct with this discussion?  What makes a horn conical?
Signed,
Bewildered