Re: Brass Band History, anywhere.

Lisa Kaye Muth wrote:
.  What I was wondering was if anyone
> knows in particular of any great sources to consider.  I appreciate all
> the help you've given me!!!!
>     Thanks so much,
>	Lisa

I found a very useful book called Bands: The Brass Band Movement in the 19th and
20th Centuries  edited by Trevor Herbert, in the Popular Music in Britain
series. It is was published in 1991 by Open University Press, Celtic Court, 22
Ballmoor, Buckingham MK18 1XW  UK or 1900 Frost Road Suite 101, Bristol PA 19007
USA  I think it cost about 10 UKP in paperback.
there is some early to current history, discriptons of bands, photos, lots of
interesting articles.
ISBN 0-335-09703-0  or 0-335-09702-2 (pbk)