The British Open

Hi All,

This is another of what will become many postings regarding the open. I =
will start by saying that my sister and brother-in-law play in Marple =
and I was very pleased for them.

I agree with Andy that the best band of the day was Faireys, however I =
do think that Marple played very well with a very nice sound and I think =
that along with playing last is what got them noticed by the =
adjudicators. Also I don't know how many of you know Helen Fox =
(principal Cornet at Marple) but she is in fact an excellent cornet =
player and in my opinion one of the best in the country, people might =
not of heard of her but I think this is only because she doesn't play =
for one of the top named bands.

Anyway enough of this here are the other results as I can remember them. =
Sorry if any are wrong.

14 Dyke - Unfortunate draw
Around 15/ 16 were Desford and Rigids
18 Rossington - my old band so I was quite pleased for them not to come =
last.
20 Brighouse
21 Markfield - Wm Davis - These are dropped from the open now.
22 Yorkshire Imps - sorry Nigel - I thought Sun Life would have got =
last!

Got to go now, I'm sure there will be many more postings, and I hope =
that not too many people are bitter about the result, I have to admit I =
did spend all of the journey home thinking that my sister had been very =
lucky.

Phil