British Open

I was lucky enough to attend the British Open on Saturday and thought it
was a wonderful day. I managed to see 20 of the 22 bands and from Black
Dyke's ( I thought ) terrific start and ovation, band after band
deservedly bought the house down.

I'm not a musician so can only judge by what I liked but I did think
Faireys had won. I was strangely moved however by Tredegar's performance
but at the time thought I must just be getting into the music.

I am ashamed to say that by the time Marple performed, thinking it was
all over , I hardly paid them any attention but spent the time
considering the previous performances. I even thought the extended
applause was more in appreciation of the whole event rather than that
particular performance.

My only problem with the venue was the shortage of food outlets, I gave
up on the queue for bacon rolls , found another bar where I couldn't
even get a biscuit with my coffee and having missed two bands starved
for the rest of the day.

Has anyone got the full results ? . I liked Brighouse - but then what do
I know.

Good wishes to all, Roll on October

Alan Lockerby (Non-playing Brass Band Enthusiast)