Re: Open results

Hi all,

Thank you Tim for your thoughts on the "Open" results.  I do realise that the
purpose of posting your ideas was to help people who did not attend to develop
a picture of the contest, and I do not wish to be drawn into an argument over
something such as an adjudicator's opinion, which I see as being very
subjective to say the least, but I would like to know more about the point
which you make:

>perhaps this result was a blessing for Dyke players in a way...their unbeaten
>run last year led to a lot of discussion over the method in which these
>contests were won...money changing hands being an integral part of them.

Maybe I'm a bit naive, Tim, but I can honestly say that in my years of
attending contests, I never have had occasion to call into question the
integrity of adjudicators as regards the possible "Rigging" of a result in some
way.  I'd be grateful if anyone could shed some light on the subject for me.
Is this comment based only on speculative paranoia, Tim?

Nigel Wears