Re: 144th British Open - results

Nigel,

I think you might have heard already, and I'm really sorry to have to repeat
it then, but Imps were 22nd.......

Marple just won because the adjudicators didn't have a winner and Gary Cutt
was the first conductor with the view on the piece the adjudicators were
looking for (as I've been told by some 'insiders'). So it had nothing to do
with the band, only the conductors were judged.... Which will probably be a
little relief to the other bands. Dyke were 14th, couldn't believe that
myself. I thought Britannia, Tredegar and BNFL would be the first three, in
random order, didn't like Fairey's performance (but I was probably the only
one in the hall with this opinion), Grimethorpe really messed up, although
Nigel and Richard were brilliant (sop. and principal), even think that
Richard would have deserved to win the soloist price, but I didn't hear
Helen Fox so can't say anything about that. Dyke's was a good performance,
although Kevin Crockford dominated the entire piece, sounded like a sop.solo
with accompinement. YBS didn't impress me, neither did Desford or Glasgow
(Howard Snell took it too fast, as usual, I think). Williams had some
beautiful moments but overall didn't convince me either.
Well, who am I, luckily I don't have to sit in this 'black box'! Till now I
only proved myself I don't have a clue!

Anyway, I'm sorry we didn't meet, did look for you but heard you left right
after your performance. Wise thing..... Sorry, just kidding. Do look forward
to the Cyberband, be nice to meet all of you then. Only saw Nigel Wears,
Lesly McCormack and Angela Tregaskes. Nametacks wouldn't have been a bad
idea after all!

See you,

Ineke