Re: NSW State titles etc.

Mark Corben wrote:
>Yes I realise that possibly a more important contest was staged on
>Saturday, but the NSW state titles were held in the Town of Orange
>NSW. The A grade Section was won by Waratah-Mayfield, hooray!!!.

>The Contest was staged in a School Hall, at the start of
>the B grade someone deceided to turn on the Heating.

Congratulations to Waratah- Mayfield. What you didn't tell our colleagues in the mother country and elsewhere was
that Warringah was the ONLY band in B-grade. We won, but we also came last :-). We were happy with our points
(94 and 97), but I suspect they were a bit on the generous side.

Our web page is off the air because last Friday our Micropolis 2Gig Hard Disk decided to self-destruct, only 2 years
into a 5-year warranty. We lost the lot, but most of the important information was backed-up. The server should be
back up in a week I hope.

Phil Anderton
Warringah Concert Brass