Re: Music Notation Packages

In message <199609121052.JAA13126@hoima> "Graham Wade" writes:
> arrangements and original compositions. I currently have both Mozart and
> Noteworthy and am evaluating demo copies of:

Mozart is only suitable for parts, not for band scores as it can't handle
different parts in different keys, and Dave Webber is not likely to do
this in the near future. As you correctly state NWC does not consoladate
consecutive bars rest and Eric has no intention of fixing that in the
near future.

> Cakewalk Pro 3.0, Capella 2.2, Cubase Score, Encore 4.0, Coda Finale,
> Musicator Audio and Personal Composer

I used NWC for scores and MZ for parts when starting out (the free arrangement
I sent to you, Graham, uses this scenario), however I now use Finale. Capella
gives GPFs (i.e. crashes) all the time (version 2.2) as does Lime. Encore
crashes occaisionaly as does Finale, but finale is more polished, so that's
what I now use.

--
Nigel Horne. Conductor, Arranger, Band Tutor. Internet: njh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fidonet: Nigel Horne @ 2:253/417.49; Packet: G0LOV@GB7SYP.#19.GBR.EDU;