Re: Recommend some music... if you dare!

** Reply to note from Marshall, Sergio <MARSHALLS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 09/12/96 07:41am

> As part of this Band I also play in a quintet (config
> cornet,flugel,tenorhorn,eupho,EEb bass).  We have been together for 2 years
> now and enjoy both playing in public and contesting  (5th out of 10 in the
> National Contest in the Open Ensemble Section this year).

Most anything for brass quintet will work for that combination.  The Ewald quintets
were originally scored for saxhorn ensemble.  If you don't have them in
your book you ought to get them.  Quintet #1 is available from King (now a subsidiary
Alphonse-Leduc).  Numbers 2 and 3 are available in a couple of different editions.  I
have the Empire Brass' edition.  The pagination sucks, so assume that you'll spend some
time with a copy machine to make it usable.

Dennis

--
Dennis L. Clason
New Mexico State University Statistics Center

Knowledge is the conformity of the object and the intellect.
Averroes (1126-1198)

cc: MARSHALLS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx