RE:More 144th British Open - results

Hi all,
I know that I have already aired my views on this contest but I would =
like to make a couple more points. I dare say that there have been a lot =
of discussions along this line going around bands all around the country =
- and probably the world. I do sometimes wonder what everybody would =
think the results were if they hadn't seen which bands were on stage at =
the time. I know people might claim that they aren't influenced by bands =
names but I'm afraid that I'm very sceptical about this. It was( in my =
opinion) always going to be a day for one or two unnamed bands to get in =
the frame. My reason for thinking this is that the piece although by no =
means easy it was not the sort of piece that gave the really top bands =
an advantage i.e. there were no really big exposed solos and exposed =
technical parts, which are usually open to nerves and people who just =
can't play their parts, which anybody in the audience can spot. To me =
this kind of music always points to a result that sometimes seems like a =
toss of the coin, having said that I still enjoyed the piece enormously- =
more even than last year, if for no other reason than the fact that you =
could follow the score a lot easier(and didn't have to pick out which =
choir was playing etc.).

Oh well, got to go and do some work.

P.S. Eric I did think Richard Marshall played quite well but then at one =
point in the piece he went really flat for a few notes.

Cheers
Phil