Fascinating Results !

--Boundary (ID 6MaTxj+NRI/XDcEJdsg7eg)

I have just returned from a Regional Band Contest held in Waipukurau, New
Zealand last weekend.
We had two adjudicators for the main Band event (a 30 minute own choice
programme) interestingly enough they both had quite  different views (ie
points) on what they saw as the ""Best Band".

Having read with interest the discussion on the British Open results I
was reminded of a little story I was told when I took up conducting some
14 years ago... I thought it might be appropriate.

Old Bandsman : "Hello Son"
Young Conductor "Hello Sir"
Old Bandsman : " Are you a gambling man, son"
Young Conductor : " What do you mean sir ?"
Old Bandsman : "You know.... do you like to buy the odd raffle of lottery
ticket "
Young Conductor : "Not really sir, I'm not what you'd call a gambler"
Old Bandsman : "Ohhhhh....that's a shame.....probably best if you steer
well clear of Brass Band competitions then !"

Luckily for us, "the better of the two adjudicators" :-) ,was responsible
for deciding on the Champion Band and he got it right !!  :-)

Cheers!

Peter Ellery, Musical Director - Feilding Municipal Band
Manager, A# Music Publishers, Palmerston North, New Zealand
E-Mail PEllery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx