Re: Music Notation Packages

At 06:32 PM 9/12/96 GMT, Nigel Horne wrote:

>Mozart is only suitable for parts, not for band scores as it can't handle
>different parts in different keys, Encore
>crashes occaisionaly as does Finale, but finale is more polished, so that's
>what I now use.

I have a little experience with Cubase Score. It is a very good sequencer,
so you can get a very good idea of how the arrangement will sound, as you
proceed. However the score/print option is limited.One cannot reduce the
printed size of the score, for example, and so all the brass band
arrangements are printed on two pages and have to be photo-reduced. Steve
Packer in our band uses Finale and his copy is very professional. For
scoring and printing it is much better than Cubase!

Phil Anderton
Warringah Concert Brass, Sydney.