About the 1997 Area test piece

Hi all!

There have been many postings regarding the test pieces for the Area
contests 1997. I was wondering about the Wilby piece, A Lowry
Sketchbook. Philip Wilby is one of my favourite composers. Those of
you who have heard this piece, can you tell me what it's like. Can
one hear that it is written by Philip Wilby? Is it similar to any
other piece he has written? What's the story behind it?
Hope I get some response!