Need help - SA Band history

I'm doing a HUGE research paper on the history/development/social
implications/function/literature, etc. of Salvation Army bands.  Does
anyone know where I can look for information?  I'm a Salvationist, but
unfortunately, I don't know much about our bands (other than I play
cornet in the one our corps has recently formed).

Can anyone help me?  Where do I look?

Thanks in advance.

Stephanie Wilson
swwilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx