Re: need more help.... (fwd)

Forwarded message follows:

Subject: Re: need more help....

> Can anyone suggest addresses for me to look up (web sites?) on the
>net that have to do with brass bands or (preferably) Salvation Army
>brass bands?  (It's an assignment for school, and I'm NOT computer
>literate.) >

> Stephanie Wilson

...the Salvation Army, Canada and Bermuda Territory has a Web site
site located at

    http://www.sallynet.org

...Assuming you have web access in your school (and preferably
netscape navigator), you can put that address in the search string
(the little white bar/box) at the top of your screen.  Then hit
enter.  I haven't been to the site in quite some time...it may still
be under construction: however, if you like to click around alot, and
your school has unlimited internet access (many who have computers
and internet software, do), they probably have a "other Slavationist
net sites" page, where you can probably get into the IHQ Web site,
the United States, Japan, Australian and New Zealand Web sites and
many other corps web sites (whose numbers are growing).
...Also, I think there was mention a few months ago (perhaps on
another listserv) about some books you could get on the evolution of
brass bands...I think there is a way to get old messages...but I'm
sure you will be told this by the sysop, et al.

Good Luck,

Darrell S. Yates
Bandmaster (Acting) of
the Halifax Citadel Band