RE: Those cornet players...

On 30 Sep 96 at 20:12, GLENN McGOWAN wrote:

> Whatever you think of the cornet section of YBS as a whole on Essays
> for Brass, you have to admit that the principal cornet playing of
> Ben Godfrey is God-like.  What a player, what a sound, what style.
> He sounds even better live! Glenn McGowan gcmcgowan@xxxxxxx

Agreed. Have you ever heard the wonderful sounds of the Sally Ann's
David Daws? This guy is among the best of the cornet players in the
world. (REALLY!)

A while back, I heard that Black Dyke were romancing him as a
potential candidate for the spot which was eventually filled by the
former S.A. bandsman Matt Baker. True? Les, can you help me out with
this one?

Robert Miller
rmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxx
T H E  S A L V A T I O N  A R M Y