RE: Those cornet players...

> A while back, I heard that Black Dyke were romancing him as a
> potential candidate for the spot which was eventually filled by the
> former S.A. bandsman Matt Baker. True? Les, can you help me out with
> this one?

Dave Daws did play with Dyke once or twice when we were preparing for
a massed concert with Enfield Citadel Band. He played a couple of
solos with Dyke was outstandingly good. In one rehearsal there was no
solo cornet music to some of the massed Salvationist pieces that we
were rehearsing so David did the whole rehearsal from memory.

Leslie McCormack	       EMC Engineer
York EMC Services	     Department of Electronics
University of York		Tel: +44 (0) 1904 434440
Email lmm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Fax: +44 (0) 1904 434434