New Recordings

I have listened to the discussion regarding "Essay for Brass" by
Yorkshire and have a couple of comments of my own.  First off, I
really enjoyed the recording.  With just a small bit of the (evil)
Chicago influence balancing my Scottish Band heritage I thought the
cornets were a bit strong but still quite within ensemble.  I must say
that contrary to Mr Graham's notes regarding S.A. ownership on the
literature, Enfield still exhibits much higher contrast in both
dynamics and tempos on both The Call of the Righteous and My Strength
My Tower.

To the contrary, what about BNFL?  I think you (all) should send Mr.
Polyphonic to the outback.  I love this band and have a marvelous live
recording of them in Libertyville, Illinois.  Mr Polyphonic however
has an act of flatenning the spectrum on all his recordings with this
band to the point of boredum!  And still the cornets often lose the
sense of ensemble.  Alan, sell that darn Schilke!  Strong case in
point: The Jubilee Overture, Section B bar 17: the high C looses all
sense of ensemble.  I guess Mr. Polyphonic can't take all the blame!
It's a great collection and fine performance.  I wonder if Mr. Sparke
approves of all the tempos(?).

Hey BNFL, keep working with Yamaha!   Russell, Melvin and, ah Mr.
Euphonium, you're doing a great job. Working on my third month with
the Yamaha 602S Tenor horn and it has revolutionized my playing.
It's not often you experience new life at 40!