Professionals

On the subject of professionals, perhaps we ought to be considering our use of
the word "professional" - are we talking about their attitude or the size of the
cheque they get! There are a host of professional musicians who play in bands in
the UK, whether or not they also get paid more than their expenses for band work
I can't say. I also know a lot of amateurs who have a very professional attitude
and a number of pros who have the opposite!
I can say that from my bands viewpoint (1st section) the use of professionals
allows us to get over the age old problem for the lower bands of where to get
that elusive percussionist!

Andy Wooler
Resident Conductor, Uckfield Concert Brass
100645.1446@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx