Terrestrial Directions to Cafe Internet

GREETINGS CYBERBANDERS!!

I have been asked to provide some comprehensive directions to those taking
part in the cyberband project next Sunday (20th Oct.)

BY TRAIN:

>From King's Cross, St. Pancreas and Euston, take Victoria line (turquoise on
map) SOUTHBOUND to Victoria Underground Station;

>From Marylebone take Bakerloo line (brown on map) SOUTHBOUND as far as
Oxford circus and change to Victoria Line (turquoise on map) SOUTHBOUND as
far as Victoria Underground Station

>From Paddington take circle line ANTI-CLOCKWISE (yellow on map) to Victoria
Underground Station;

>From Waterloo/Waterloo East & Charing Cross take either Northern (black on
map) or Bakerloo (brown on map) NORTHBOUND as far as Embankment station and
change onto either District (green) or circle (yellow) lines WESTBOUND as
far as Victoria Underground station.

>From London Bridge continue onto Charing Cross station and follow above
instructions

and finally (I think I've covered everywhere)......................

>From Liverpool Street, take central line (red on map) WESTBOUND as far as
Oxford Circus and change onto Victoria line (turquoise) SOUTHBOUND as far as
Victoria Underground Station.

In all of the above cases, Follow the following directions from stage 2 onwards.

IF YOU ARE AT AN ACADEMIC SITE, A MAP OF THE LONDON UNDERGROUND SYSTEM CAN
BE OBTAINED FROM: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx

OTHER USEFUL SITES WORTH A LOOK BEFORE YOU SET OUT ARE:

http://www-mice.cs.ucl.ac.uk/misc/uk/london/places.html   (for a basic
street plan of Victoria area)

and

http://www-mice.cs.ucl.ac.uk/misc/uk/london/nse.gif (for a map of the
Network South East Railway area)

So, to those arriving at Victoria British Rail or Underground Stations

1.  Continue straight ahead from whatever platform you arrive at till you
come to the area outside where
     all the taxis and red buses are.

Turn LEFT and head towards main road (which is Buckingham Palace Road)

2.  At huge tourist info. centre there are some traffic lights............
turn RIGHT at these and continue on
    to another set of lights (Victoria Street junction) ........... cross
over these and immediately cross
    again onto left-hand side of Buckingham Palace Road.

turn RIGHT

3.  After about another 100yds. or so ( on a corner site), you should find
Cafe Internet (our venue) on your
     left.  We shall put a poster on the main door to confirm that you have
indeed arrived and we shall be
     in the basement somewhere .............. just ask the friendly staff to
direct you.

(for those arriving by car) BE WARNED:

(a)  parking is NOT easy around Victoria station so allow plenty of time to
look (an NCP place would probably be your best best rather than side streets
but may prove expensive - even on a Sunday morning).  Better still come the
last little bit of the way by bus from further down Buckingham Palace Road
or Hyde Park Corner direction perhaps (if you'd like further help with this
idea, then please get in touch directly via angela@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

(b)  there is a ring road near Buckingham Palace & Victoria Railway Station
which you will probably hit on your approach to Cafe Internet - from
whatever direction.  If you find Grosvenor Place (which is one on the
external perimeter walls of the palace itself) you should turn right at the
pub called "Bag O'Nails" - the Cafe internet will be on the same side of the
road,  i.e. on your right.  I think you can turn right here but if not,
continue straight over the junction at the "Bag O' Nails" pub and follow the
road round to Victoria Street where you should turn back onto Buckingham
Palace Road at the lights when Victoria Street meets Buckingham Palace Road,
in which case Cafe internet would then be on your left of course. GOOD LUCK
(it is not so easy to drive round this part of central London - be prepared
to get lost).

THE TIME: 10am assembly for broadcast at 11am sharp.

THE PLACE:  Cafe Internet

THE BAND:  Cybercafe Band (conductor: Nigel Horne)

DRESS:  Casual (no uniforms or black & white necessary).

ONE LAST THING:  DON'T FORGET (a) your instruments & (b) your MUSIC STAND
please (plus any music sets you want us to consider using, time permitting).

Have a safe trip and enjoy the Nationals contest if you're going to that also.

Angela Tregaskes
Secretary: Cafe Internet Cyberband

Angela Tregaskes
angela@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx