Requesting Information

Greetings List,

	I am a euphonium player from Guelph, Ontario, Canada. This summer
I had the opportunity to perform with the Sea Cadets at the Nova Scotia
International Tattoo. It was here that I became interested in brass-band
music (after meeting an incredible baritone soloist named Steven Booth, who
was very cordial and immediately helped me correct a major flaw in my
technique).

	There aren't many brass-bands in my area; In fact, I have yet
to discover one anywhere near here. In my school bands, and the provincial
honour bands that are held, I don't find it challenging. The repertoire
for the euphonium player is mostly dreaded "oom-pah" rhythms and chord
progressions. I did manage to convince my band director to let me play
a solo with the concert band (I simple piece called "Fantasy Jubiloso"
which I really like), but the fun stopped there.

	What I am asking, is if there are any exchange opportunities
to travel to Great Britain to hear some of the magnificent ensembles
they have there, or if there are any brass-bands in my area that would
allow me to do some playing with them. Any information would be
appreciated.

	As a closing remark, I would like to know if anyone on this list
has ever heard of a man named Gordon McGowan. He is the teacher of a
teacher I had for some time, and I would like to more about his background
when he played in Britain.

	Sincerely,

	Dan Crenna