National Finals

haven't been posted already) here are the top six:

		Band				Conductor	Draw	Points
		====				=======	====	=====
	1/	CWS Glasgow			Howard Snell	18	194
	2/	Grimethorpe			Peter Parkes	19	193
	3/	Black Dyke			James Watson	  6	192
	4/	Williams Fairey			James Gourlay	  7	191
	5/	Yorkshire Building Society	David King	  1	189
	6/	Brighouse & Rastrick		Allan Withington	 13	188

Personally I had:
	Grimethorpe
	Black Dyke
	Faireys
	Desford
	CWS
	Brighouse

although I have to admit to missing BNFL, Redbridge, Northop and Rhodian
Brass

I thought the piece was excellent, a pleasure to listen to and a test for
the bands. An observation, Desford under Bramwell Tovey, where for me the
first band to make sense of the piece and note the number of conductors
with "orchestral" experience  who appeared in the top six.