Hymns

     I appreciate the comments from Philip Anderton that describe the
concert and service for the Bushfire Brigade and must agree wholeheartedly
that hymns are most moving when performed by a brass band.  Personally,
one of my most rewarding memories of musical performance includes the
connection across time that our band, the Wildcat Regiment Band, felt
while playing 19th century hymns in the historic Dunker Church on the
site of the Antietam Battlefield of the American Civil War.  Oddly,
they make you feel good and bad.

J. Richard McFerron
Eberly College of Business
Indiana University of Pennsylvania