Re[2]: brassed off

>I don't want to put a real damper on this film, but from the clips I've seen
>it could be highly annoying. I wish someone had told the actors which valves
>to put down, or at least a convincing combination! And watch for the funny
>bits where the trombone and bass stop playing - although you can still hear
>them!

I have been horrified by some of the clips I've seen and then highly amused by
others...

Firstly the idea of the Yorkshire Area "Semi-finals" being held outside!! The
test piece was a march - Valdres or Florentiner I can't remember (well it was
one of Grimey's faves anyhow).

Then the euphonium player standing outside his house arguing with his missus
(sounds familiar?) with his uniform on (not walking out)... our secretary &
bandmaster would go ape!

A funny one was a line of bandsmen standing behind a dry stone wall (again in
their uniforms) and I'll leave you to work out what they were doing.

All I can say is it could do the Brass Band movement a lot of good - but I hope
it doesn't give a falsely stereotypical view of what we do...

I'll be interested to hear the reviews next week!!

Cheers

Mark Tanser

Mark.Tanser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Flugel Horn - Hathern Band (Championship Section '97)