Brass in the movies

My band, Helleruplund brass band
( at that time Kongens Lyngby Brass Band) was about 20 years ago in a =
danish movie playing Cristmas Carols. It is a criminal story written by =
a danish author named Anders Bodelsen. A bank employed was aware that =
the bank would be robbed by somebody hidden as Santa Claus, and he =
arranged it so he got the money himself.
Later the movie was made also in Holywood I suppose, an in a very =
american style.

2 times in the 80th a danish movie was awarded with an OSCAR, for the =
best non american movie. It nearly happened the 3rd time also, with the =
nomination of "Dansen om Regitze". In that movie my band also played a =
Cristmas Carol. But we wasn=B4t told. It was from a recording made in =
the 60th.
I told "Nordisk Film" ( the eldest moviecompany in the world) that they =
was not allowed to do it, and infact I could have stopped the movie. It =
was about 2 weeks BEFORE they maybe could win an Oscar. I did not, was =
very fair to allow them to use it for 2000 $. Normal pay for the 2 =
minutes use of the music.

About 2 years ago a movie was made upon the danish composer Carl =
Nielsens life. In that 3 of our frontrow cornets was "acting" as =
militarymusicians in old uniforms and playing a little.

Thats for today.

S=F8ren Nordholt, Helleruplund Brass Band, Denmark.