Re: real-audio file anyone? Thanks for the help

> I wonder whether in future it might be best to
> use a standard audio package (a la Windows 95) and simply record and save
> the file on-line. Has anyone done this with their band home page yet?

I have recently added a wav file of Glossop Old Band playing the winning
performance of Plantagenets in the 1995 UK second section national
championships.  The wav plays for about 90secs but takes about 9 mins to
download using a 28.8 modem.  Using Netsape 3.0, it's a simple matter of
clicking on the link; I don't know what will happen with other
browsers.  The main problem is that the file is around 500k and uses up
a big slice of my 2Mb disc allowance.

British Aerospace have a CD's worth of Real Audio files on their web
page.  The sound's not brilliant, but it's almost instant as the sound
stream is played as it is received rather than waiting for the whole
file to download.  I can't remember the URL, but there's a link from
Glossop's page to the Aerospace site.

I'd be grateful for any comments on how the wav file behaves with your
browser.

Don Cooper,
Glossop Old Band,
cardpc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx