Sound Card Advice

Hello everyone,

I am looking to replace my soundcard that didn't take well to its most
recent shipping experience and I'm wondering if anyone could recommend to
me what soundcard would be best.  I would use the card mostly for games,
mostly in DOS or Win95, but I dabble from time to time with MIDI, mostly
when I'm using Finale, at which time I'm simply using the keyboard on the
computer, no actual MIDI devices.  Obviously I want something that is going
to give me a better MIDI brass sound than did my old Pro Audio Spectrum 16.
 So wavetable synthesis is a must.  Price is of some concern, and I'm not
about to buy top of the line because I don't need it.  A middle of the road
card with many features at a good price would be my target.

I've narrowed it down to a two companies.  Either a card from the
SoundBlaster line (the SB16, SB32 or AWE32) or perhaps a Turtle Beach card
(Tropez, Tropez Plus, TBS 2000).  Does anyone use a different card that
they would recommend, remembering that my main requirement is that it be
SoundBlaster compatible.

I would appreciate hearing from everybody, but I don't know that everyone
else would.  Perhaps you could email me (not by replying, though) and if
anyone else wants to hear what I've got I could post a summary or email them.

Thanks for the help!