message of introduction

"Feel free to send a message of introduction to the list" it says.

OK here goes:

I have been conductor of The Harrogate Band for the last couple of
years (visit our web site for info, results and the best band bibliography
around!  It is due to be updated in the next day or two) and prior to that
I conducted Runnymede Brass in Surrey (1990-94).

I also help out on cornet with York Railway Institute Band whenever I
can.

I arrange and compose - currently working on a commission from
Wakefield Metropolitan Band - and publish some of these under the
name of Pegasus Music.  The Pegasus Music web site should be up
and running in the next few weeks.  In the meantime e-mail me for a
catalogue.

During non-band hours I work as Music Lecturer at the
University College of Ripon and York St John, (snappy tag, eh?)
where I teach (composition, music technology, ethnomusicology...)
and conduct the students Concert Band.

There are already one or two names I recognise from trawling the archive: I
remember Graham Wade playing solo euph (at very short notice) in
'Year of the Dragon' at Watford with one arm in plaster (and winning) with
Alder Valley Brass, and I played percussion (!) with Andy Wooler (!!) at Brighton
one year (on 'Sounds') when he broke one stick and I lost two!

I'll be up at Spennymoor next weekend then conducting Harrogate at
Hartlepool/Camerons contest on December 1st.

I live in Ripon with wife Liz and kittens Tikka and Bhuna.

And I look forward to hearing from you

David