Meaning of 'Lunga'

Here's a question for all of you...

My brass band just recieved a piece of music by Eric Ball called "High
Peak". At the end of the piece there is a sustained chord played at FFF
(that's how it's marked!). But over top of the note is the word 'lunga'. A
few years ago some of the band members deciphered this to mean "big a--
breath", but I wanted to ask for the true definition of 'lunga'.

Regards,
Matt LaFontaine

-=- Matt LaFontaine (mattl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) -=-
/      Dublin Scioto HS Marching Band Trombone       \
\	  Dublin Scioto HS Varsity Tennis	   /
-=-   All Star Brass & Percussion Solo Baritone    -=-