Brass choirs

In my high school, my friend and I want to get together a small brass
ensemble of the best freshmen.  Origionally, we were going to start a
regular quintet. A problem arose though...the only freshman tub player
in our school stinks...He'd hold us back a lot.  Is it common to have a
quartet of 2 trumpets, a trombone, and a horn?  Is there a variety of
good music written for such a group?  Thanks for your help.

Michael Hrivnak		-	1st chair Horn, Sanderson HS