Partita

Hi all!

Have any of you heard the latest CD from the International
Staff Band called "Partita". If you haven't you should go to the
nearest record store and buy it. It is fantastic!

Everything starts off with Leslie Condon's "Celebration" - a  great
march by a great composer played in a great way. It is so steady that
your heartbeat will change to 112 :-)
There is also a cornet solo - "Clear Skies" by Eric Ball. David Daws
plays like he was sent from heaven. At least the music must must have
been.

The title track  "Partita" by Kevin Norbury is OK. It isn't stunning
but it is a nice piece. The composer has stolen many pieces from
other work, for instance Ravel's Bolero and Bourgeou's Diversions (at
least that is what I thought it sounded like).
The last piece is Resurgam (Ball again). I have problems finding the
right words for their performance of this outstanding piece. It is
the best I ever heard.

So if you haven't bought this CD - I really recommend you to do that!
BTW, has anyone heard the latest Enfield CD?

Regards,

Henrik Glaenneskog
2nd trombone
Goeteborg Brass Band