Trustees

I have recently joined the list and have been impressed by the world
wide coverage and the interesting topics raised.
I send greetings from Watership Brass Band, which is Based in Newbury,
Berks . UK and takes its name from the famous book by Richard Adams
about a colony of rabbits.  We used to practice in a church hall
situated in Watership Down. Needless to say our logo incorporates a
cornet superimposed on a rabbit!  Our MD is Zander Greig. We are
essentially a concert band and for various reasons do not participate
in contests other than a few local "friendlies".
We have recently been awarded a Lottery Grant and are in the process of
purchasing a complete set of new instruments.  Among the many issues
raised is the role and responsibility of the band's trustees. It has
been suggested that we need a more formal, if not a legal, document to
lay down the responsibilities of trustees now that the band's assets
will be substantially increased.
Has any other band done this?  If so I would be grateful for a copy of
your document so that we can get an idea of what is required.
Thanks in advance - we have already received some valuable tips from
the web page concerning insurance companies.
Best regards,
Ron Howell
Chairman & Solo Trombone, Watership Brass