Re: quartets

Mike Hrivnak (captmike@xxxxxxxxx) inquired about music for brass quartets.
David Thomas (dave@xxxxxxxxxxxx) does truly excellent arrangements for the
combination you mention (2 tpts, hn, trb). His music can be ordered directly
from him or through Robert King Music (140 Main Street, North Easton, MA.
02356). For starters I would recommend his book of 23 pieces for brass
quartet entitled: Ceremonial Music for Brass Quartet.  I have no connection
with the arranger or his company, I just really like the work that he does. I
often use his stuff with a high school brass ensemble that I coach.
By the way, Mike - why not work with that young tuba player so you will
eventually be able to pieces for larger ensembles? Helping him won't hold you
back. The best way to learn is by patient teaching.
-Mark Anderson in Woodstock NY