Re: Slaughter on 10th Avenue

  • To: brass-band <brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Slaughter on 10th Avenue
  • From: Geoffrey Collins <geoffrey.collins@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 13:22:39 +0000 (GMT)
  • Autoforwarded: false
  • Disclose-recipients: prohibited
  • Hop-count: 2
  • Ua-content-id: 11ABD3562600
  • X400-mts-identifier: [;4539221326111996/A11219/CSD06V]

Do not be put off buying this piece because of the
band and did not have great problems. It is an interesting
piece, which includes the tune of three blind mice and some
flutter tonguing (even for Basses).

I would recomend listening to a recording as there are no beats
per minute marking. It was only when our conductor heard a
recording, he discovered we were playing the 2/2 section
twice as fast as it should be.

The BB bass part has an error on the fith line, where the key signiture
has been carried down from the line above. Talking of errors
wouldn't it be a good idea if we could EMAIL errors to the publishers
so an errata sheet could be sent with the music. Could a page be set up
with publishers/selling agents Email addresses? Wrong notes can
be annoying, missing bars frustrating! I was suprised at the errors
in Hollywood which was a national test piece. I would be interested
to hear if anybody has found errors in Tintagel.

Geoff Collins, BB Bass
GEC-Marconi Avionics Brass Band, Rochester, England.