Aylesbury Section A Results

 Hello everyone,

Stouport failed to defend their win from last year. We played Chorale & Toccata
by Stephen Bulla and our 7th was about right - played it better and worse in
practice - although I heard people say that the 1st place didn't deserve the
win. I don't know how many bands played "Dimensions" with which we won last year
(with Frank Renton adjudicating) but I'm sure it was about 4 two of which were
in the top 3. So Frank obviously likes this piece!

The results from Section A (2nd & 3rd sections) for those that are interested.

				   Draw    Points
1st   Fulwell Brass		  2       95
2nd   Hanwell			1       94
3rd   Genet Group (Chertsey)	 8       93
4th   Northfleet Silver	     12       90
5th   Heath			 13       89
6th   Crystal Palace		11       87
7th   Stourport-on-Severn	    6       86
8th   Broseley Brass		 3       85
9th   Hosier & Dicinson (Watford)   10       84
10th  Stonesfield Silver	     9       83
11th  Epping Forest		  7       82
12th  Ellesborough Silver	    4       81
13th  Rushden Windmill	       5       80

Best Instrument Section : Trombones - Genet
Best Soloist	    : Cornet - Hanwell
Best 3rd Section Band   : Fulwell
Best Bucks Band	 : Heath

Adjudicator : Frank Renton

I don't know the Open section results as we left about the start of this
section.

BTW I tried to keep an eye open for Andy Wooler to say hello to from Uckfield
but didn't see them - Uckfield were drawn 2nd so they would have been getting
ready after our results and were leaving - perhaps another time.

Our next competition is Stroud on 8th February 97 - anyone else from the list
going to this?

Regards

Mike Smith
2nd Baritone - Stourport-on-Severn Brass Band, Worcestershire
e-mail: 100530.1642@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx