Re: Egham Band Dutch Tour - Contacts w (fwd)

Hello John,

At 20:21 4-12-96 GMT, you wrote:
>To: "brass-band-approval@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<brass-band-approval@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>Subject: Egham Band Dutch Tour - Contacts wanted
>
>Greetings to all on the Brass Band list!
>
>Egham Band are still collecting information to help plan a short tour of
>Holland in early May 1997.
>
>We have had a good response so far but would like to repeat our request
>for the benefit of people who are new to the list.
>
>In particular we want to contact anyone on the list whose band might be
>able to host us,
>or who might be able to help us make arrangements.
>
>An exchange visit is possible too, perhaps in the summer.
>
>Please visit our website at http://www.egham.co.uk/band/ to learn more
>about our 100 year old band.
>
>Anyone who might be able to help please contact me,
>
>John Goodwin
>Solo Cornet -iii-< Egham band
>goodwinj@xxxxxxxxxx
>
>Thanks!!!!
>

>--

I have asked our committee this evening about your request and they are
interested. We are talking about a wind-orchestra, the "Royal Harmonie
St.Ceclia Mheer" which happens to be the oldest wind-orchestra in the
Netherlands, just celebrated it's 175 year of existance. The orchestra is
located in the southmost part of the Netherlands, just below Maastricht
which is a rich area of wind-music. The tradditional Brassband part of the
Netherlands is the far north. But in this area you find the world famous
harmony bands of Thorn, Treebeek, Bocholtz, Linne and Eijsden.

BTW, if you do a concert here you are in good company, the Sun Life Band did
a concert here in 1994 which was an enormous success.

If you are still interested, drop me a mail and we can exchange some
phonenumbers for you to call the committee directly. I am just the local
tuba player.... This reminds me of a note of Harry Ellis Dickson in 1969:

"Before we leave the brasses let us dwell for a moment on the lowly and
lonely tubaplayer. There is only one in the entire orcheestra and he enjoys
a certain amount of prestige, and loneliness. Tuba players never talk, they
are silent, morose, uncommunicative, but they sing to themselves. They have
no common interest with any of their colleagues and, as a matter of fact,
most tubaplayers feel they don't even belong in the orchestra. They normally
strike up a strong friendship with the stagemanager"

So, this means it is a miracle that you are even reading this...

Greetings from the Netherlands and let me know what you think.
Marcel

--
#include <stddiscl.h>	  Are you sure you won't change your mind?
email:  mboom@xxxxxxx	  Why, what's wrong with the one I have?