Re: Musical Committees (fwd)

Having conducted bands where I have total control over musical matters, and
one where a committee is involved, I have to say that one person running
the show works better. When the committee is involved there always seem to
be disagreements between members. There is also the problem of this
committee's status, does the MD have to take the advice ? The band I
conducted had a committee which officially just gave advice, but if I did
not take the advice the committee got upset and started kicking up a fuss.

Finally, any MD worth his (or her) salt would, if required, ask for advice
from those members of the band that the MD considered could constructively
help.
Regards

Graham Wade