From: Ineke van Kapel[SMTP:ericdecloe@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 14 December 1996 11:43
To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Announcement

Hi Phil,

Congratulations! Hope you'll be very happy together.

Some news (been a while, hasn't it?): the concert on th 26th went very
well,
showed off our new uniforms (black trousers, black dinner jacket with a
red
pochet and red bowtie). The hall was absolutely packed with very
enthousiastic people! Glyn, Andrew and Ian did a good job with their
solo's,
especially Glyn who was the audience's favorite. The brassnight went on
till
5 am...... absolutely BIG FUN!!!! After this concert we started
preparing
for the national championships, which were held the 30th of November.
You
might have seen (in the Bandsman) that WE WON!!!!! Just imagine: last
year
we won the 2nd section, this year the 1st, and even with the best result
of
the day! You probably can imagine how we feel now! We never stopped
drooling
over the adjudicator's remarks.....

For Kerkrade, WMC: YES, we are going to compete with you....... Found
out
last week that we did enter, probably will play on the 1st or the 8th of
July. Which weekend will you be there? Would be nice if we could meet
then!

Anyway, hope you will have a wonderful party this Christmas (ingredients
are
there, so it should work) and keep in touch,

Cheers,

Ineke