The ISB

For the five or so years that i've been interested in brass banding my
favourite band has ALWAYS been the International Staff Band of the Salvation
Army.  In my opinion there is nothing anywhere to even touch them.  However,
thats just my opinion and i'm curious as to what other people think about them.
I know that some people think that Enfield Citadel Band are a 'better' band
(this is in the context of Salvation Army Banding) and so I ask everyone who
have heard the ISB just to have a little input here, if only to liven up what
has been a very quiet list lately.  Of course, in Salvation Army banding, its
not competitive at all and I believe thats the way it should be but of course
there are varying standards and this is what I want to hear about.  Because I
feel that for a band who's priority is to provide insiration and blessing to
all the Salvation Army bandsmen and women around the world, their standard is
greater IMO than all bands, Salvationist or otherwise.

Now, this may cause offence to some people and if it does then my hugest
apologies, and please please remember its just my opinion but i'm curious as to
what other people, who have had much longer experiences than me of banding,
both Salvationist and otherwise think of the ISB?

All comments gratefully received.

Thanks a lot

--
Gregor Spowart <gregors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

...... In case of emergency - RUN!!!!!!! ......