> > 1) ISB, funnily enough
> > 2) Hendon Band
> > 3) Enfield Citadel Band
> > 4) Norwich Citadel Band
> > 5) Bristol Easton Band
> > 6) New York Staff Band
> > 7) Canadian Staff Band
> > 8) Chicago Staff Band
> > 9) Cambridge Heath Band (although, i've only heard one tape of
> >      them but they sounded pretty good)
> > 10) Melbourne Staff Band
>
> Is this a ranking, or just a list of the top 10?  If
> it's a ranking, I must disagree with one point, and I'm
> a bit hesitant to say it, since the New York Staff Band
> is my home turf.  But having seen both recently,
> I would have to say that the Melbourne Staff Band is
> easily better than the NY.

I also am curious about whether this represents a 'top 10' or if it's a
ranking. In any case, the last time I heard them, I thought that the
Melbourne Staff were a better band than the Canadian Staff (and at the
time I was a member of the Canadian!). Although, I will concede that
there were great differences in the styles of the two bands.

Anyway, take this for what it's worth.

Regards,

Robert Miller
Euphonium, Intrada Brass
rmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxx
rmiller@xxxxxxxx

------------5EF358123E0C1

------------5EF358123E0C1--

------------77D51EAE41FB0

BEGIN:VCARD
FN:Robert Miller
N:Miller;Robert
ADR:;;128-400 Mississauga Valley Blvd.;Mississauga;Ontario;L5A 3N6
EMAIL;INTERNET:rmiller@xxxxxxxx
TEL;WORK:(416) 422-6162
TEL;FAX:(416) 422-6160
TEL;HOME:(905) 275-3680