Re: ISB / Top 10 S.A. Bands

I believe that Egon could be the best if they had a bit more respect for the
project.   These new "recording bands" have a big problem.  They assume they
can get together (egos and all) and produce what other bands live together to
accomplish.   Staff bands are only one step below this faulty mentality.  As
a bandsman first, I'm not interested in hearing a reading session or a
all-star band!  They short circuit the concept of banding in the wholistic
sense.  And quite frankly, most of these sessions commit to recordings need
more time to clean up the rough spots.  ISB came dangerously close to this
with "Blazon" a marathon of memories.    If I would vote as to the top
recording band, I stand by Battle Creek of Michigan U.S.A. (straight tones
and all) but I have yet to purchase their recordings.