Re: ISB / Top 10 S.A. Bands

On Wed  8 Jan 97 (16:54:57), dan_masi@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>On Jan 7,  9:37pm, Gregor Spowart wrote:
>
>> OK, i'll give it a try,
>>
>> 1) ISB, funnily enough
>> 2) Hendon Band
>> 3) Enfield Citadel Band
>> 4) Norwich Citadel Band
>> 5) Bristol Easton Band
>> 6) New York Staff Band
>> 7) Canadian Staff Band
>> 8) Chicago Staff Band
>> 9) Cambridge Heath Band (although, i've only heard one tape of
>>      them but they sounded pretty good)
>> 10) Melbourne Staff Band
>
>Is this a ranking, or just a list of the top 10?  If
>it's a ranking, I must disagree with one point, and I'm
>a bit hesitant to say it, since the New York Staff Band
>is my home turf.  But having seen both recently,
>I would have to say that the Melbourne Staff Band is
>easily better than the NY.

Oooh, pressure.  Well, as Simon Loukes mentioned, it's not THAT easy to rank
them.  Yes, it is my ranking, and yes it is a bit biased towards UK bands but I
don't have that much chance to hear the overseas bands.  I've not heard the MSB
for ages, or the NYSB either so its just an estimation based on my CD
collection which nobody needs to agree with, but i'm very interested to hear
what other peoples top 10 are, especially overseas people....and i'd like to
see a contesting bands top 10 as well, if anyone is up for it....I'll start it
off with Yorkshire Building Society but after that I start getting lost.

anyway, best wishes,
--
Gregor Spowart <gregors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

...... In case of emergency - RUN!!!!!!! ......