Re: Vibrato

Phil Green said

> A very well known and respected Brass Band conductor, who was formerly
> Principal Trumpet with the London Symphony Orchestra INSISTS that vibrato
> is applied to all notes in a melody/counter melody/lead part equally.

I lose some respect for anyone (in any field) who INSISTsS that there is
only one correct way of achieving something.
 [cut]

> Play the notes simply, add the right amount of vib to each

Maybe sometimes "no vibrato" is the right amount.

>and the music will then take over and thoughts on HOW it is played should
>become secondary
>  to the listener.

Indeed, unlesss the listener is another brass soul.

Jack Alexander
Waverley Bondi Beach Band

Sydney NSW    Australia

Telephone: (61) (2) 9385 5290	 Fax: (61) (2) 313 8604
E-mail: J.Alexander@xxxxxxxxxxx