New Buckingham Suite

Last Sunday I was enjoying a quiet pint in my local when in walked the Chai=
rman of the local band - Tingley Thornhill.  He was seeking me out as he wa=
nts me to play 3rd percussion at the areas in New Buckingham Suite.  (For t=
hose on the list who don't know this infamous piece, it demands players mak=
ing all kinds of animal noises)<nl><nl>Anyway, one of my jobs is to drop a
golf ball into a bucket, to represent a hen laying an egg.  As the band are=
 wanting to do well, and have got their eye on promotion, it's a serious bu=
siness, and I thought I could do no better than to ask list members for adv=
ice.  What sort of golf balls give the best tone do you think?  I will be e=
xperimenting also with various sorts of buckets, and of course, the height
of the drop is critical too.  The last thing I want is a mention in the adj=
udicators comments to the effect that "The golf ball needed more resonance"=
 or that the "dynamic was not quite right for the egg laying!"<nl><nl>I can=
 see me having sleepless nights antagonising over this one (Or maybe I'm ju=
st taking the p***   :-)   !<nl><nl>I wonder if I need to wear a chicken co=
stume for my registration photos?  Maybe I should register as Mr Bernard Ma=
<nl><nl>