1997 All England Masters

OK, and I promise this is an entirely true and honest posting, although I would
be lying if I said it didn't have anything to do with a certain can of worms
that has been opened and is currently crawling and wriggling all over this list
at the moment.

The test piece for the All England Masters contest at Cambridge on May 25th this
year will be a new composition by Philip Wilby entitled...wait for it...'Jazz'.
Philip has been quoted as saying his has drawn heavily on the big band
jazz/swing style of the 1940s to create an exciting new original composition for
the modern brass band.

Gregor - obviously it would seem that arguably the best brass band composer
working in the world today does not share your views on this subject.  And
neither, I think it has been proven, do the majority of the list.  So perhaps we
could all shut up about it now?

Best wishes,
--
Tim Morgan, Bass Trombone, Woolley Pritchard Sovereign Brass.