Uniforms

Dear all,

Our band is currently in the throws of making a lottery claim (who isn't, it
seems). Our request is somewhat more modest than those making the papers
recently, certainly in our area. We are looking to build a small storage
facility to collect together spare instruments, purcussion equipment and
music etc, and also a small amount of money to replace a few old instruments.

At the same time we are fund raising to enable the purchase of a complete
set of new uniforms. On several occasions the subject of applying to the
lottery for these funds has been mentioned, but the trustees of the band (we
are a registered educational charity) are of the belief that the funds are
less likely to be forthcoming for these "consumable" items.

I am therefore interested in hearing (privately) from anyone with experience
of a lottery claim for items other than new instruments and your success/
failure stories.

Best Regards

Chris Ainger
Deputy band manager/Trustee
Stowmarket Concert Band (non contesting)

	Chris Ainger
	Manufacturing Engineer (Final Assembly)
	Schlumberger Electricity,
	Langer Road, Felixstowe, Suffolk. IP11 8ER
	Tel: (01394) 694158
	Fax: (01394) 694319
	email:	aingerc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx