Theft of instruments at warwick university.

> ----------
> > Date: 25 January 1997 20:30:39
> > From: STEPHANIE W. WILSON
> > To: 'brass-band'
> > Subject: Re: Instrument Theft
> >
> > On Fri, 24 Jan 1997, andrew wooler wrote:
> >
> > > I posted a note a while back re the theft of a euphonium. Readers may be
> > > interested to learn that an instrument has been recovered. However, the
> > > serial no has been obliterated and the instrument now has the current
> > > "owner"s name engraved on the tuning slides! Suffice to say, the boys in
> > > blue have had to return it to the "owner".

Given Andrew's experience, the serial number does not seem sufficient for
the recovery of a stolen instrument so I will describe my trumpet warts
and all for any future reference.

It is a medium large bore standard Vincent Bach Strad Bb trumpet in silver
plate (model 37, serial number 366556). It has a small dent in the second
valve slide, some plating has come off of the third valve slide to leave a
(well polished) patch of brass by the valve casing. There are 3 very small
blemishes in the silver plating on the left hand side of the first valve
slide and a few tiny dents along the bell flare.
Overall, the instrument looks in very good condition was polished 2 days
ago (I wish I hadn't bothered now!).
The original brown case is missing the top handle and the side handle is
about to fall off (cheapy rubbish) and inside is a Dennis Wick Harmon,
staight mute and a humes and berg cup mute. Inside the bell is a black
folding K+M stand.
Anyone who knows his trumpet this well deserves to have it back.
Thanks a lot for your time.

Stuart Jackson

P.s There was also a laquered Bach stolen but I don't have the details at
the moment.